Vision and Mission Statement
The “Walk to Emmaus” story in Luke 24 is a transformational story of walking together, learning from each other and being surprised by Jesus along the way.
On the way to an Emmaus Inn Cleopas and his companion were at first slightly irked when a stranger joined them uninvited and wanted to take part in their conversation. (Walking together) They chided him politely, “Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem that does not know the things that have happened there in these days?” (Luke 24:18). But what a friend this Stranger turned out to be when during the blessing of the bread at the meal they recognized him as Jesus, alive! (Surprised) Later they said, “Were not our hearts burning within us while He talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?” (Luke 24:32). (Learning together)
What is our Mission?
Our sister parish mission is to walk together and to work on meaningful opportunities that will strengthen our ministry. We will embrace our gifts and learn from one another while building a deep companionship that honors the One who surprises us along the way.
What is our vision together?
We believe the Kingdom of God is already present but not complete, and the liberating Gospel calls us to work together to build this Kingdom through:
- Prayer: We will pray for one another.
- Communication: We will look for ways to effectively build connections by telling our stories through worship, technology, social media and word of mouth; thereby cultivating an ethos of sharing ideas, nurturing growth and working together.
- Gift Sharing: We will learn from each other through the exchange of God’s grace in this journey together. We will work and serve together, using our God-given gifts, to touch the world with our partnership.
- Visiting: We will continue to visit one another building an interdependent community of brothers and sisters within and among our respective communities. By doing so, we will learn “who we are” and be culturally sensitive to each other, while promoting mutual respect and dignity for all people.
- This is the link of Mayra’s video in YouTube, https://youtu.be/
DzURA93kRvA?t=18 if this does not work you can search the video by typing “Visual Stories Featuring Mayra Salgado”.